Feeling hungry for learning? We have just the thing for you. Taking inspiration from the famous dish – Seekh Kebabs, we have started this series of learning bites with quick tips on a particular topic with easy application in your daily work.
Enjoy reading this Business Etiquette Seekhle Kebab with your favorite chutney i.e. Action on the learning.
1. Respect Time:
a. if it’s a scheduled call make sure you start and end on time
b. if it’s unscheduled check with the other person is it a good time
c. stick to work hours of the other person when calling them unless they requested odd hours call
2. Location of your call: choose to make the call from your workstation, meeting room, or office premise according to its agenda
3. No "Guess Who?" game please: you can play the guess who game with friends and family but not on an official call
4. No eating or chewing something while on-call: it is distracting as well as disrespectful to chew something when talking to someone, whether on the phone or face to face
5. Avoid multitasking: it is distracting for you and the other person on the phone
6. Always call back if you told them you would: this will convey your sincerity and ability to be organized despite being busy
Bonus Tip: use a good set of earplugs or headphones, it will really help keep the outside disturbances away and they greatly enhance your voice clarity to the listener.
Please share your tips and suggestions in the comments below.